Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Packing Anxiety

Our first vacation with Maddy is a little less then two weeks away.

I am not ready.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the thought of packing for our adventure. I hate packing as it is. Throw a baby in the mix and it becomes really daunting. Therefore I am procrastinating.

We are staying in a cabin on a lake. We aren't isolated, but trips to any real store besides the marina mini-mart require a 30+ minute trip, so I want to be prepared. I keep asking myself, "How many diapers?" "How much formula?" "How much food?" "How many outfits?" "What kind of clothes?"

She has to sleep in our room in a pack and play. I'm not looking forward to that. She's a light sleeper, so I worry about waking her. She also cries out in her sleep, so I worry about her waking me. CIO sucks if you're stuck in the same room with them.

I found a cheap portable booster high chair to use there. Other than that and the pack and play, I'm not sure what other big items we need.

Any tricks, tips, advice for a week long getaway with an infant?

2 comments:

  1. Just take the familiar and off her distractions. That always seems to work with the girls. Give them their fav toy or some cheerios and life is peachy! Maybe she will be super tired from such long days of exploring she will just fall asleep easy for once!

    Make sure you have the hat and baby sunscreen!

    And you camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll find that you take way more than you need, I always do that. She'll be busy exploring the new surroundings and that alone will help! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete