Wednesday, July 7, 2010

CIO Night 2

Last night DH and I lowered her crib even more. She was in no risk of climbing out before, but with all that standing it put our minds at ease. Looks like those last few inches made it too hard for her to stand last night. Score one point for mom and dad! So she only cried for 26 minutes. Quite an improvement from 2 hours and 20 minutes. She woke twice in the middle of the night (at 11 and 3) and only cried about five minutes each time. Then she slept until 7. Naps have been averaging 20 minutes of crying.

She is a smart cookie so I know it won't take long for her to get the hang of her new routine. Even last night as the song ended she was nodding off in my arms. Her eyes flung open when it was over. She was anticipating me putting her down and leaving.

All in all, better then I thought. I know we will have setbacks, but at least I know she is capable of doing it all by herself, even in the midst of teething. I feel more empowered and free. Thanks for all your encouraging words.

3 comments:

  1. you are stronger than those tears.

    okay, that is such a total lie. when the girls were furbugering it out, i used to plug in the earphones and blog. my hubbs listened to them cry. i couldn't. even if i had to, i would put in the headphones and unplug them once a minute to check.

    it is so hard. but it is soooooooooooo nice having children who lay right down and go to sleep. every time.

    may the force be with you mama.

    here is our cio story:
    http://www.freckletree.com/search/label/fur burger method

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeo up the fight! I love being able to lay them down and walk away! Now they stay up late chatting but they don't need which is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% behind your decision about this! Bailey still sleeps with me and it is SO hard! I love her so much but I wish I never would have done this to her. My goal is to get her back in her OWN bed before summer is over. We'll see! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete