Thursday, July 8, 2010

CIO Night 3

Does this shit really work?

What is wrong with my daughter? Why does she have to be the most passionate, stubborn child on the planet? Thankfully her mother is a teacher and knows how to put her foot down, but geesh!

Last night she found a way to stand up again and screamed BLOODY MURDER at bed time. I'm not kidding. BLOODY MURDER. I had no choice but to laugh out loud at her antics. I could see her humongous mouth wide open eyes squinted shut profile on the monitor. I mean really, what choice did I have but to laugh? It isn't a torture chamber. It's just a crib and it's time to sleep. GIVE IT UP ALREADY! She finally fell down from standing and eventually fell asleep after about 40 minutes-up from 26 the night before. She slept straight through until 6 am but I knew she needed more sleep. I let her try to get back to sleep until 6:45 to no avail. So she started the day tired and grumpy. Joy.

Naps have been harder then nights. Just this morning she screamed for 40 minutes. Her paci had fallen out of the crib after the first 20 minutes. I was so tired of listening to it. I ran in threw a paci in the crib and ran out. This calmed her. I then watched her fall asleep sitting up and slump over.

She's on to us and isn't going to give in without a fight.

Laying down is for the weak.

It is getting worse before it gets better.

I am doubting it will get better. . .

4 comments:

  1. YOu are strong! Much stronger than I! Keep it up, mama! It WILL be worth it. I heard a week is a good amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will definitely eventually get better. You are doing a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go away for a week, silly dogs just can't hold it for that long!

    Does Maddie have a lovey? Our girls do and once they touch their face to these stupid bright pink blankets it's lights out! They will rub this blanket over their faces and cuddle with it. It's magic. It's only in the crib and has never left. Maybe you could find something similar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They say that Day 4 is the worst...they test you out one last time before they give in;) Now that I think about it McKenzie cried more on Day 4 but not quite as long as Day 1. I thought we were done with sleep training but for some reason she has not wanted to sleep for the last 2 days...those 2 blissful weeks were a tease;) Good luck!! Don't give up!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete