Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One Step Forward. . .

Two steps back.

We had been doing so well.

Maddy had had several good days in a row. By good days I mean her only screaming/fussing fits came in the evening and even those had been easy to calm. There were like four good days in a row. She went to sleep at 12 or 12:30 and slept almost five hours!

The last two days have not been good AT ALL! It has actually been some of her worst. Yesterday she screamed almost all morning, took a break in the afternoon, and then screamed all night. I was almost afraid she was sick. I think this is one of my biggest worries. She cries so much anyway, how am I supposed to know if she's sick? I love the one that says look out for vomiting and diarrhea. All her poos her whole little life look like diarrhea and as far as vomiting. . . . What is the difference between vomiting and spit up? I know they say projectile vomiting is bad when it flies across the room. Other than that is the rest spit up? So confusing. If it hadn't been for her periods of normalcy in the afternoon I would have been more concerned. Every time she screamed it came after I could hear bubbles of gas in her. She had no tolerance for pain yesterday.

The "meltdowns" as DH and I call them came after a busy weekend we had, which makes sense. We had my SIL over Friday, went to my MIL's and Target on Saturday, and on Sunday we went to the pumpkin patch and my MIL's again. She had had it by Sunday.

The pumpkin patch was cute. Too bad every picture we have of her her eyes are closed or she is screaming. I swear the first few months of her life will be documented by pictures of DH and I smiling and her crying. I want to get portraits done of her so bad, but not until she can look and a camera and not cry. . .maybe at four months? I think this is why I haven't gotten her birth announcement out. It's hard to find a good picture, which is sad because she's so cute in real life. I've decided I'm going to do Christmas cards slash announcements. I'm not good at doing those kinds of things anyway so I will kill two birds with one stone.

She will be 8 weeks on Friday. I'm hoping for more good days than bad in our future.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried Mylacon (SP)? It is a miracle drug. Actually it's not a drug at all. But, it keeps gas down quite a bit. Are you going to post some pumpkin patch pics? I'd love to see them :) As for being sick, I didn't really think I had that "motherly knowledge" but you do. If she is sick, you will know. You will have that "feeling."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that makes me want to cry. I'm sure that is so unbelievably hard for you guys. I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( It is so, so hard. I cried along with Eli for months.

    You'll know if she's vomiting. It's definitely different than spit up. Eli had projective vomiting too, with pyloric stenosis... AND reflux. You'd notice the difference.

    ReplyDelete