Thursday, October 1, 2009

The "C" Words

Let's start with the positive.

Cute.

Maddy is the cutest little baby in the world. At least her daddy and I think so. She has cheeks that make me want to kiss them all day. She makes the cutest little squeaks. She has the cutest facial expressions that make me laugh and remind her daddy of me. She is cute, cute, cute and we love her more than anything.

Moving on. . .

Colic

Not so cute. I'm pretty sure Maddy has it. She screams from about 9 to midnight. Sometimes we're lucky and it starts earlier, around dinner time. She has digestive issues I'm sure. She spits up all day and screams from gas pains. I feel so sorry for her, but it is so frustrating. Some days are good and I cherish those. Some days are not good and I dread those. She is four weeks old tomorrow. Only two weeks to go before it is the worst I hear and only 4-8 weeks until it is gone for good. I thought counting the weeks ended with pregnancy, but I guess not. I feel like I'm rushing her through life already. It's so hard. I feel like a bad mother when I read other's blogs that talk about how swimmingly their parenting is going and how their babies sleep through the night and coo and smile and entertain themselves. It has to get easier. I will hang in there.

I am so grateful to have her in our lives. Especially considering what we went through to get her. I just never realized how hard being a mom would be. Although I would never trade her for anything. I want to be realistic though. Motherhood can be difficult.

Welcome to my journey!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to start this blog! It will be fun to share our experiences; ups, and downs! I love/d your other blog and would have read it no matter what but this will be oh too fun, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son did the same thing and it turned out to be reflux. The ped put him on rx for it and it helped alot. Maybe that isn't what your daughter is having, but worth checking into. Congrats on having a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in for the new blog! And YAY for kicking Infertility's ASS to the curb!!! Sorry to hear about the Colic :(. It will SO get easier!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definately continue to follow along! I hope her colic and digestive issues get better :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the mommy blog! We thought Claire had colic but the Dr. said that she just wasn't getting enough to eat and sure enough we upped her feeds some and she was fine!

    ReplyDelete