Friday, February 26, 2010

Let's Play a Game

It's called

"Let's Fuck With Mommy's Sanity"

Ready?

Let's play.

What do you do when your baby is skinny and you feel guilty?

Answer: Double her serving of oatmeal. She loves it!

**BEEP**

Wrong!

What do you do when your baby gets anal fissures from constipation due to her new serving?

Answer: Cut out oatmeal for a week to get her back on track.

**BEEP**

Wrong again!

What happens when you cut out oatmeal?

Answer: You get raging acid reflux.

**DING DING**

Right!

What happens when you get raging acid reflux?

Answer: No sleep.

**DING DING**

Right again!

What happens when you get no sleep?

Answer: I become a raging bitch.

**DING-SHITTY-DING DING**

You win!

Your prize- a never ending clusterfuck.

*****************************

Really, I had no idea how much her oatmeal must have been keeping her reflux under control. Couple that with a Prilosec refill that was coming due and you get a very unhappy baby. Last night she'd spit up then scream. She was more worked up then I've seen her in awhile. As I was rocking her I started brainstorming what had been so different the past two days. The only thing I could come up with was that I stopped giving her oatmeal.

We got a new refill last night and this morning I started a very small dose of oatmeal again. So far she has been fighting her morning nap with a passion. I'm going out to dinner tonight with friends. I'm sure she'll be an angel for DH. She always is. Does that ever happen to anyone else? Your babies are cranky for you but angels for other people?

6 comments:

  1. They do it on purpose! Bailey is generally great for my mil but when I get home she starts tearing down the house sometimes! It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Sorry baby girl. The girls are usually G-R-E-A-T for me, and a terror for everyone else. It makes me not want to leave them with anyone, including DH because I rave about how good they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole time Eli was colicky (four and a half months and not a day less) my DH worked nights. He'd come home in the morning during Eli's best hour and then go to bed and sleep all day and leave for work again. He rarely saw him in all his glory. He just thought I was a whiner who couldn't take motherhood! Ugh!

    We went through the cereal thing too. It helped but made him screamy and constipated. It's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever given her prunes? My little boy had reflux and we were on meds and they didn't help. Switched to a new doc and they started him with the rice cereal or oatmeal, but we'd mix a tablespoon of prunes into the bottle. They we finally got relief of the reflux and the constipation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, that sounds frustrating. And, I'm taking notes because preemies often have reflux. And I have reflux, so maybe I need some oatmeal. LOL!

    Hope that gets better, like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mix juice in with my babys oatmeal and it helps with the constipation. The gerber apple prune juice combo...

    ReplyDelete