Friday, April 23, 2010

Seven Months

She's going to think her name is tiny. . .

That's what everyone who sees her calls her.

I figured I better hurry up and do a seven month post before she turns eight months in a couple of weeks!

So what's up with Maddy?

She can sit on her own and play.

She is in love with our dog! He can put her in a good mood when no one else can.

She has two bottom teeth and is working on her top two (teething is still not fun).

She can push up to all fours but not for very long. She wants so badly to move now and gets frustrated when she can't.

She can go anywhere from 9-11 hours at night without eating. We are working on getting her to go back to sleep on her own in between. She is not a solid sleeper. Sleep is one of our biggest battles still.

People call her a happy baby. It blows my mind considering where we started. It's true, if the sun, stars and moon are all aligned just right and nothing is bothering her, she is a very happy, smiley baby.

I wish her digestive system were more mature. If it were, I could fill her up with more fatty foods. Everytime I try, something seems to bother her. We rotate between constipation and almost diarrhea. It is a delicate dance. We tried yogurt yesterday and I'm not sure her system handled it well. I'll wait awhile before trying that one again.

She took her first swing ride today. I think she would have enjoyed it more if she hadn't been overdue for a nap.



We love you sweet Maddy!

3 comments:

  1. try avocados! full of fat and iron, yet easy to digest. i have a tiny but mighty girl myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness is she ever sweet. I was super duper tiny up until I was about 5, and then I finally leveled out and am normal size today, so I bet she'll catch up. Just a little girl to start. (I was 5lbs and change full term and didn't get much bigger for a long time from what my Mom says)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, too bad the food is messing with her system so much. I'm scared of dealing with all of that. So far we have done rice and all is well.

    9-11 hours at night?! That is amazing. I am reading a new book, from Dr. Sears on high needs babies and he seems to be describing Kate perfectly. He also mentioned that those babies sleep 2 hours less at night then normal babies and 1 hour less during the day, even though they are more active and demanding and probably need it more. I thought that was interesting. Kate also gets overstimulated very easily!

    We have still been giving Kate the Prevacid because I am so scared of everything getting messed up again. It is almost about to run out and then I don't know if we should renew it again.

    The OT said that exersaucers and bumbos were bad for the developing spine until the babies were bigger. Kate is too floppy and needs to work on her tummy time. We still use those things occasionally.

    Thanks for the vote of confidence! I do need to start just trusting my mothering instincts.

    ReplyDelete