Sunday, March 7, 2010

Monsters

DH teases me for having "monsters" in my life.

It all started when we (DH) were driving on a foggy interstate on our way to Disneyland one year. This stretch of highway gets socked in with fog. It was getting late and the fog was getting thicker and thicker. Nothing makes me more nervous than driving and not being able to see more than a foot in front of you. It is a helpless feeling and you are totally stuck. You are screwed if you pull over and possibly screwed if you keep driving. I got so stressed on this particular trip that I freaked out and threw a blanket over my head like a little kid. DH accused me of being afraid of the "Fog Monster."

From then on any thing that bothers, annoys, scares me or throws off my life has been referred to by him as my monsters. Since the Fog Monster, I have had Gas Truck Monsters (I hate driving next to those things on the road), Food Poisoning Monster (you should see the precautions I take cooking chicken), and Turkey Monsters (I hate those ugly birds that populate our neighborhood) to name a few.

I've found my daughter has monsters too.

These are the things that throw her life off and annoy her to the point of interfering with her overall happiness.

I'm afraid her monsters have become my monsters:

The Acid Reflux Monster- The biggest of them all.

The Poo Monster- Constipation and gas

The Teething Monster- We're not sure if this one really exists. We have yet to see this one. He comes and goes.

The Coffee Grinder Monster- Her newest addition. It is the first time DH has ever seen her get scared and cry. This one lives at my MIL's house.

She is so darn aware of EVERYTHING. I don't think there's an easy-going bone in this girl's body. She is concerned about everything around (and inside) her.

DH says that reminds him of someone.

I have no idea who he's talking about. . .

What monsters are out from under your bed?

1 comment:

  1. That was funny! I have lots of Monsters myself. I hate semi-trucks and uncooked meat too. My husband and I now say that we are "scared" of Kate, lol. We do not want to wake her if she is asleep because she is not a happy girl. We both dread the late day hours too because we just don't know what to do to stop the screaming some times.

    ReplyDelete