Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Simple Errand

It should have been a simple errand to BRU.

I should have remembered nothing is simple anymore.

Snag #1- Maddy is a beast today. If these top teeth don't come in soon, I'm going to reach in there and pull them out myself. Sad, pitiful, pouty mouth crying for three days on and off.

Snag #2- Must walk to the guest parking spaces at the other end of your condo development (about 1/8 mile- oh yeah, guest parking here sucks)because we have three cars and two assigned spots. The third car is in one of the spots because the battery ran low this morning and DH needed it close to fix it. Get the stroller out of the garage and start hiking.

Snag #3- BRU (I hate that place.)

Snag #4- I put Maddy in the Bjorn to shop because she is less fussy when she can look around and see everything. (I still haven't found a shopping cart cover that works universally. Such a pain.) Then I smell poo.

Snag #5- Get back to the car and realize the poo has leaked out of the diaper, on her pants and on the Bjorn. Thankfully the carrier soaked up most of the poo sparing my outfit.

Snag #6- As I'm opening the back hatch door to change her, rusty leftover rain water leaks down all over us. I honestly don't know where it came from or why it happened at that moment and not earlier that day.

Snag #7- Search the diaper bag for a change of clothes and realize DH put them in the other bag that he carries when I am not around. (He's not comfortable with the new shiny Coach one he got me for my birthday). Strip of pants. Leave on onesie- It will have to do.

No folks, nothing is simple anymore.

4 comments:

  1. It certainly doesn't sound simple! What a bummer of an errand!!! C'mon teeth - get out of those gums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygoodness! One of THOSE outings...I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so understand! All mommies have been there! It sucks! But then, I remember how much I wanted to be her mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nightmare :( That is why I don't go out alone with my baby. That kind of stuff always happens to me.

    ReplyDelete