Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm going to be an aunt (again)!

DH's sister is pregnant!

She has been suffering from PCOS and has been gearing up for her first IUI after clomid and other drugs weren't cutting it.  She got lucky and it worked on the first try.  She announced last night that she is seven weeks preggers. 

We knew the exact date of her IUI procedure and when we didn't hear much from her and she avoided family gatherings, we figured the news was not good.  Fortunately we were wrong. 

It's amazing how much better I can handle pregnancy announcements now.  If this were three years ago, I'm sure no matter how happy I would have been for her, it still would have stung.  She was seeing our old RE, Dr. G.  He even called her himself to let her know the good news. 

Hoping for all the best and that Maddy gets to meet her next cousin this June!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for continuing to follow me. Sorry, I hadn't added your new blog to my reader (I still have your old one though). And thank you so much for the support and the assurance. I hope you are right about all the symptoms! Thank you so so much!

    ReplyDelete